Saturday 27 July 2013

Wardrobe Staple: Original Vans

Back in the day (well, I'm thinking 90's), Vans were the shoes the cool kids wore.  They were stylish, comfy and definitely trendy when hanging out with all the skater boys.  And it seems as though they are having a bit of a revival - hurrah!  They've been luxuriated in satin at CĂ©line and chosen to be part of a collaboration with Kenzo.  But I believe nothing beats the basic, original and the best slip-on versions.  They are so classic and versatile and can be teamed with casual jeans or shorts - but also sundresses and pencil skirts.

There is a ton of patterns and prices out there for original Vans, so as ever it is worth doing some research before buying.  As a rule, the slip-ons should be around the £30 - £35 mark, depending on pattern and availability, but they can be found for less.

If I were to go for a plain version, I'd pick these simple blue ones, available on sale from Footasylum for £29.99 in sizes 3 to 7.  They also come in black but are slightly more expensive, and only available in sizes 4 and 7.
But I am very tempted by this classic check version, available from Amazon for around £30.  I'd go for the pink, grey and black I think!
Other deals at the moment include:

No comments:

Post a Comment