Saturday 3 August 2013

Putting my money where my mouth is: The Body Shop Moisturising Products

The Body Shop runs a lot of really great offers on a regular basis; right now, there is 40% off all purchases plus free standard delivery when you spend £5 with the code 14668 (ends 6th August).

I've been searching for a good tinted moisturiser for the day, as well as something to keep my body moisturised and smooth so have got a couple of items that I hoped would work well - and they do!

The first is this Vitamin E cool BB cream which states it will give '12 hour quenching moisture and protection'.  This retails at £10 before any discount.  BB creams are promoted as an all-in-one facial cosmetic product to replace serum, moisturizer, primer and foundation and I've been dying to try one for ages - I just haven't got round to it!  This one is lovely.  It's light and gives enough cover to even out my skin tone, and moisturises my dry/dry to combo skin beautifully.  Some of the reviews on the site say it's a bit greasy, but I didn't find this at all.  The only negative I can think of is that I wish it had SPF.  However, an extra bonus of this cream is that 50p from each sale goes to Teenage Cancer Trust.  A superb BB cream that does exactly what it says it will do, and lasts all day.  Fab!
I also tried this Cocoa Butter Beautifying Oil for my body and face which retails at £9 before the discount.  This was amazing!  It instantly hydrated my skin and felt gorgeous on - I used just a tiny bit of it when just out of the shower, when my skin was still slightly damp.  It sank in straight away, so didn't feel greasy or oily, and my skin was soft and moisturised all day and felt silky smooth.  It smells divine, too.  It can also be used on the hair but I haven't tried that yet as my hair seems to be behaving in terms of moisture....  Again, highly recommended for keeping skin hydrated and sleek!
So, all in all, it's definitely worth taking advantage of the fabulous products that the Body Shop have on offer at the moment. I'm really impressed and pleased to be able to benefit from such great products!
The Body Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment