Saturday 27 April 2013

Wardrobe Staple: Sun Dry Cotton Blazer from French Connection

A decent, good-quality, well-fitted blazer is an essential.  It can be thrown over anything and looks especially good over jeans and a simple top or with a maxi dress.  I've also seen them looking fab with shorts and, of course, they can be worn with more formal skirts, dresses and trousers for the office.

There's loads of blazers out there, and I've already posted about this one from Wallis.  However, I think it's worth thinking about investing in one that is going to last and for that reason, I often to go for those that contain quality materials such as wool, linen or cotton.  A bit of stretch is often helpful also.  Colour-wise, anything works - plain or patterned - and it's all down to personal taste.  The current style seems to be the boyfriend blazer which is single-breasted and longer, skimming the hips.  It compliments most women's shapes, especially the V-neckline which lengthens and flatters the upper body.  I'd also go for a single or, at the most two, for a more casual look -  a greater number of buttons tends to look more formal and office-y.

I've chosen this red cotton and elastane red blazer from French Connection, which is currently in the sale.  I think it would look amazing over indigo skinny jeans and a white top and I have some amazing red shoes from Schuh (bought ages ago - sorry!) that would complement it perfectly!  It comes in sizes 6 - 16 and has been reduced from £120 to £90.

No comments:

Post a Comment